Skills FocusLanguage-vocabulary acquisition, cognitive development–memory skills, oral processing.
Challenge yourself and others to Left-Out by recalling what is left-out in paired cards. Perfect for learning the names of school objects for preschoolers and kindergarteners or for learning the names in a foreign language for any age student. Adaptable to virtual learning.
OptionsThis game is for the 3-, 5-, and 7-inch cards with 3 levels at each size. All sizes can be cut as circles or squares. Game can be played virtually via screen-share.
- 50 playing cards per level in 3 sizes
- Image key (chart with all images)
- PDF slideshow for virtual gameplay
- Instructions (includes assembly directions and ‘how to play’ instructions).
- Total of 13 PDFs in 1 ZIP file
How to Play
Small Group (2+ players)50 cards. Play in-person with cards or virtually with included PDF. Designate one person to be the judge. Have the judge display the front (brain side) of the card to the players. After a predetermined amount of time (5 seconds or more) flip the card over and show the card (question mark side) to the players. Whichever player can shout out the left-out images first, correctly, receives the card. Continue to do this with the remaining cards in the deck. Each player counts their cards. The player with the most cards wins.
SoloChallenge yourself to correctly remember the left-out images on each card as fast as possible. If you correctly identify the images, move on to the next card. Work through the levels to increase cognitive strength and memory recall.
Class or Large GroupPlay in-person or virtually with the included PDF. Use the presentation pdf to display the cards. Give players points each time they correctly identify the correct left-out images. This can be played with individual players, teams, or around-the-world style.
Foreign LanguagePrint out the image map for each student and have them write the words below the pictures to review or have them fill out the included interactive PDF. Then play along as listed above.
Images Included(31 images total, 5-15 images per card)
Game AssemblyMaking the game is simple – print, cut, and play.
- Print out cards starting with page 4 of the pdf, printing double sided.
- Cut: use 3” circle punch or scissors for circles. Use scissors or a paper cutter for square shape.
STORAGEThere are many ways to store the game. I’ve just added to my store FREE printable storage/gift boxes. I also love the metal tins for circles. Jewelry boxes work great for the square. You can even “file” them away in a 3x5 index card box or use a hole punch in the corner and put them on a ring. Cellophane bags are so cute for giving as a gift.
Important NoteThis listing is for the printable described above - no physical print or product will be shipped. Customer is responsible for downloading, printing and assembly. Print quality may vary depending on paper quality, ink quality and print settings. I recommend card stock to increase game durability. If heavy use, as in a classroom, is expected, please laminate. When printing at home, using high quality paper and your printer's BEST print setting will yield the best results.
- Personal and class use ONLY.
- Please purchase a Multiple License to share among teachers or SLPs at the same location. (For other uses or clarification, please contact me)
- Do not distribute the digital file to others.
- Making and selling of final product is prohibited.
- Making up Printables to give as Gifts is OK.